Saturday 12 November 2011

Setting Off on My Trip to Kenya and Uganda

Saturday 12th November 2011.

After a few weeks of preparation I set off at 2.30am tomorrow morning on my 3 week trip, for Bees Abroad (http://www.beesabroad.org.uk/), to Kenya and then Uganda.

The preparation culminated yesterday in trying to get 65Kg of stuff into my 55kg allowance.  It didn't go, so some decisions had to be taken on what to leave behind.

The flight is from Birmingham to Amsterdam and then to Nairobi.  Once at Nairobi I will be met by Samuel, who will take me to meet up with John and Mary.  We will drive north, up the Rift Valley, stopping on the way to visit projects established by Bees Abroad.  After about 12 days we will be at a town called Kitale.  There I leave John and Mary to be taken to the border crossing into Uganda.  I cross 'no mans land' alone and on foot, to be met on the other side by Gertrude and Charles.  Then to Mbale to assess 3 potential projects for Bees Abroad.  The last couple of days will be spent at Soroti, visiting old friends at the Global Care centre (http://www.globalcare.org.uk/).  Then back to Kampala, visiting the Guiding Star school before flying back home.  Arriveing back in the Uk on 4th December.

When I get access to the interent I will add to this blog to let you know how things are going, so postings may be infrequent.

Dave B

No comments:

Post a Comment